8.07.2008

Birthday

Today we are gathering as a family to celebrate birthdays. Now not having experience with this matter until most recently in my life, it has always been something that I have never known how to react to. My family life when I was a child was rather poor to say the least, I did not have my first birthday cake until I was 25 years old. This will be a time of remembering where we celebrate the passing of a year. A year filled with growth and change. Never have I been made more aware of that then at this time. The year has been filled with many firsts for me and it leaves me with a bittersweet moment or two in realizing that time waits for no one. There have been bad times that have come with the good, but the good far out weigh the bad ones. When I took time to look back, I have realized that there is one that remains the same. No matter the time and place I am never truly alone any more. There is not a greater blessing (or curse, depending on your point of view) then family. I truly had thought that I had lost that chance to find that meaning in my life. Thank you. At the end of every day I realize just how truly blessed to be with the ones that love me. I would never have known the joy of what a rainbow cake is or can be. Thank you.

No comments: