11.16.2008

A Friend

Today, my thoughts have turned inward to consider just what a friend truly means to me. Coming from a broken home, I was able to choose the family I was born into but I have been able to choose the family that I surround myself with. The gifts and the memories that I have been given of friendship has never made me realize just how blessed that I am. My friends are the family that I have never had. A couple of quotes that I have read recently has made me think about that in more depth and detail. Quoting Ralph Waldo Emerson, "A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him, I may think aloud."/"A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature".

Before meeting and marrying Kristy, I had doubts that I would ever find that depth of a relationship where it would be something that I would cling to. Kristy is my wife, my heart, and my best friend. There is not a day that goes by that I do not bow my head in thanks at least once a day in apperciation of what she has brought to my life.

My life has been made far easier with the presence of friends that have often made the biggest difference for me. Though I have struggled at times with my choices, my health, and even at times my own peace of mind, they have made the moments memorable. I have been truly blessed to have great people to share my life with through the good and the bad times. I thank you, each of you that have been a motivation, an inspiritation, and often times, my partners in pranks.

I do not have the time and ability to properly thank each of them according to the amount of good they have brought to my life. Though it may not be said out loud, thank you, all of you.

Tristan

1 comment:

Neika Boulter said...

What a nice thing to say about your wife! She is truly awesome and so are you! We are so excited to call both of you FAMILY! We love having you in our lives and can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving!!!