1.06.2009

Out with the Old IN WITH THE NEW

The year in review Top 10 greatest things that have happened to me this year.

1) Finally got married. That has got to be a relief to my parents. I love you mom and dad but you had to be secretly wondering if I would ever take that step.

2) Moved out of college level apartments. Let me tell you, once you see the bright side of life instead of the cheap college life apartments, there is such a big sigh of relief.

3) I can actually say the words Love You or I Love You to someone other then my parents or wife. Strangely enough that has been a stumbling block for me.

4) We bought a new car. That was an exciting moment not only in our relationship but being able to financially make that commitment. Buying furniture was a close second to this one but I thought the car was far nicer of a purchase. Although the couch we bought has a nice comfy feel to it.

5) I finally moved out of Provo. Goodbye Happy Valley Hello real life. For those that have spent time in the Happy Valley area, you all know what I mean.

6) I got called to be a Sunday School teacher in church. Can you imagine that? Me, a teacher? That still is a shocker to me every time I get up to teach.

Okay so I only got to 6, I have more thoughts in my head but I need to organize them better. You really shouldn't be writing a blog entry after finishing a night of ward basketball. I think my head is still ringing for that last hit I took.

This year has brought with it some very sad moments as we have been forced to say farewell to some dearly loved ones that have moved on. There is not a day that goes by that your presence and love is not through of and felt. To our fallen loved ones, a moment of silent prayer to express our love to each of you. Though you are not here, your touch and thoughts live on through each of us. They have enriched the lives of all of us with their time that they have spent with us. Raising the bar and the standard on how you should live your life or pattern your life after. Time will ease the pain we feel in each of us, the sadness that we feel will also ease over time as we remember the moments that brought so much laughter and warmth on so many occasions. Through your eyes we were all great in our own ways, often providing a sounding board for advice and a fountain of knowledge waiting to be shared. Knowing when a kind encouraging word or a smack upside the back of our head to knock some sense in to us would make the biggest difference.

This year has brought with it growth in family and in friends. New additions to bolster the laughter and joy that can only be found in the innocence of a child. Learning to become men or women as we are looked to for leadership and understanding. Stepping forward to assume the mantle of being a husband or a wife. I can honestly say with true understanding that I have finally started to become the man that I wanted to be and needed to be. Though far from a finished product, I could never ask for anything more then what has been given to me. The love of my wife, my health and the chance to write my story with our choices over the next decades to come.

Thank you wonderful friends and family for sharing the road with myself over the last year, it has been one filled with unexpected turns and twists. There have been moments where I wish truly wish that I could make time stand still. To each of you that reads this, remember just one thing. Live life. Be passionate about life. Go after it, chase your dreams, be fearless, be free. There is a saying from a movie that I will quote, my DiNozzo moment, Live free, Die well. If you know what movie that is from, all I can say is, what a waste of two hours. Haha.

2 comments:

Christie C said...

I'm glad 2008 was a great year for you!

Neika Boulter said...

What a neat post and a neat year for both of you! I'm so glad to have you in our lives! Hope to see you soon!