4.18.2009

Salt Lake City 1/2 Marathon

I did it! Thanks to everyone who supported me in this effort! I was to especially thank Tristan for his amazing support through this process. The help with early morning Saturday runs...helping me through my aching muscles (like right now)...making me go to the gym even when I did not really want to go...and countless other things.

The run/walk (I don't want anyone thinking I run the whole thing) was great until I hit Mile 10. I was still pacing at my training pace. I wanted to cry when I hit state street and saw the hill we had to go up (it is not so bad in a car!). I just was not ready for it mentally, although I knew it was coming. The downhill of South Temple was a blessing. Before I knew it, it was over!

It was great to see friends and family along the way. Tristan was at the start and finish lines. I was standing next to my cousin Emily Duke at the starting line. Bruce and Melinda Dickson passed me and said hello (thanks!). Risa, Spencer, Ali and Owen Christensen were at mile 6 (I was able to give them my long sleeve shirt), Aaron, Jaime and Zachary Swenson were at at Gateway, and I also saw Wendy Wilson when I was close to the finish line.

I don't have my official time, but my unofficial time 2:46:02 (thanks to Tristan's shot of the time clock!).

3 comments:

jefferies said...

Yay! congratulations!

Tiffany said...

Way to Go!! I am so sad we missed it. Next time we will be there for sure!

thack said...

You Rock!