7.21.2011

Temptation

The break room at work was filled with wonderfully tempting pastries this morning.  I went to fill my water bottle and grab the smoothie that Tristan made for me this morning when I encountered this lovely sight.  The yummies were for a meeting that had not started yet.  Oh, how I wanted to take one of each item and devour them (based on sight & smell of course).  To the defense of the meeting planner the tray of fruit and juice drinks did not make it into this picture. I noticed a sign at the back of this photo, as I was posting the picture, that made me laugh..."Eat Right."!  .

Thankfully during this pregnancy I have not had many cravings and Tristan has never had to do a late night run for something that I just had to have.  In the first trimester I enjoyed eating peaches and cottage cheese (and I still do) but if chicken was suggested then I would want to gag.  There were a couple dashes for a delicious brownie sundae from Hatches Chocolates but thankfully I got over that.  I have since moved on to Dreyers Fruit Bars. They just hit the spot in this warm weather and there are so many varieties.  Our garden is producing lots of zucchini and squash (and soon tomatoes) this year but unfortunately I don't find them as appetizing as I have in years past.  Maybe the zucchini bread will change my mind!  On the other hand, all the amazing fruits that are available now are just divine.

I just have to say that Tristan is so awesome!  He makes dinner on most nights for us, then again he has always made dinner most of the time.  It is even better now because if he didn't then I think that I would just eat cereal in the evening (in addition to the bowl I have every morning).  The current favorites are Honey Nut Cheerios, Grape Nuts (with a banana), Wheat Chex & Special K.  The selection varies depending upon what is on sale and I only indulge in Lucky Charms/Coco Puffs/Captain Crunch on an irregular basis.  Like I said, I am so glad that Tristan is willing to cook!

2 comments:

Maren B said...

good for you for staying relatively healthy during your pregnancy--especially with Tristan as a cook in your very own home! it's easy to use it as an excuse to eat whatever you want, but later you'll be glad you kept yourself in control. do you guys know the baby's gender?

Tristan said...

nope, we have not found out the baby's gender. we are not planning on finding out until D-Day.