7.09.2008

Girls Camp - I love it!

I just have to say that truely loved the opportunity I had to help with girls camp last week. This year the camp was held a for three days at a small camp 10 miles outside of Heber, UT. My only responsibility was to run the climbing wall. For someone who was once a camp director this was a dream come true!

The climbing wall was set up inside the dining pavillion. It was great for an afternoon climb because it kept you out of the sun. The wall is approximately 20 ft with three climbing routes. We decided to set up two of the three because we only had two belayers. Each team of girls would have 1 hour to spend at the climbing wall during their time at camp. It did not seem like a lot of time but everyone had a chance to climb. We had a chance to talk people into climbing further then they thought they could go. It was AMAZING TWO DAYS!

I need to give a shout out to a few people... Mandi Kerr - Camp Director - Thank you for asking me to be on the committee...Jenny Hunter - Activities Committee Chair - Thank you for letting me do what I do best! I loved it!... Thank you to Julie, Carson and Carol who all spent time helping belay so that everyone would be able to climb.

No comments: