7.09.2008

Innovate 80 Project

I-80 around SLC is under going reconstruction. (for those of you who don't drive through here on a regular basis). All the major bridges are being rebuilt... the cool thing is that instead of tearing down on bridge and then building a new one the build the one offsite (but close by just down the freeway) then roll the massive structure down the freeway and slide it into place. It has been pretty neat to watch these massive structure be built and know be put into place. The National Geographic Channel will feature this project in a documentary series it is working on.

Bridge being put in at Highland Drive. A street I used to use quite often but I have had to change my driving route several times due to bridge construction. It keeps me on my toes.

No comments: